Visiting Israel in Summer 2020
As Israel prepares to open its skies to incoming tourists later this summer, Shatour Israel Experience is preparing to guide our visitors around the country according to COVID-19 guidelines.
While it is impossible to predict exactly what will be possible for visitors to Israel this summer, the authorities recognize the importance of international tourism for the Israeli economy. They are trying to work out how to reopen Ben Gurion Airport for international visitors and what guidelines to set for touring the country.
As of now (June 2020) we can see tourism businesses around Israel reopening.
- Israel’s countryside is open to explore!! Most of our favorite national parks are open, and Israelis are already enjoying hiking in nature all over the country.
- Many fascinating museums are open, with restrictions only on their hands-on exhibits.
- You can visit most of Israel’s historic sites – booking in advance is essential as a limited number of people are admitted each hour.
- Israel’s beautiful beaches are open and people are encouraged to sit in family groups at a distance from others. It is not recommended to visit the beaches at busy times, unless you know the quieter beaches (which our tour guides do!)
- Some hotels are also open for business, with strict hygiene controls in place.
- Cafes and restaurants with outdoor seating areas have opened up with take-out and eat outside options.
- Many activities such as cycling, walking, canoeing and sailing are possible.
Even if you do not know the date of your visit, since we cannot predict when flights will resume, we are available to talk to you about planning your itinerary for visiting Israel during Summer 2020. As one of the safest countries in the world, with advanced healthcare support and a successful track record of containing the COVID-19 virus, Israel will be ready to welcome you very soon.
We would be happy to work with you to plan a tour of Israel that suits your family and your budget. We have clean, air-conditioned vehicles ready to transport you, and experienced tour guides who are all trained to keep you safe and healthy throughout your visit.
At Shatour Israel Experience, our team includes travel experts with over 40 years of experience of guiding visitors around Israel. Wars and terrorism have not stopped us! The coronavirus is just the latest in a long list of challenges that we are happy to overcome.
Talk to us today about planning your next visit to Israel. We look forward to seeing you soon.